Tuesday, October 9, 2012

cOoKiEs

One day we were pretty bored so decided it would be fun to make cookies. Since I didn't bring any recipe books I pull up pinterest to search for a good cookie recipe to use that we have all the ingredients to. We finally found one but remembered we don't have a big enough bowl to mix everything in as well we didn't have a baking sheet. Brant went next door to borrow them from Joel and Kayleigh while I get all the ingredients out. (Ignore the messy table and please don't mind the hideous pictures of myself) Everything here needs to be in plastic bags once they are opened otherwise it will either get all soggy or you will have an infestation of ants or some other nasty bug in your house that you don't want. So we get out the ingredients and yet again realize we don't have any measuring cups or spoons. AHH.  Neither of us wanted to borrow yet again from our neighbors so I used Liam's sippy cup to measure everything with. The sippy cup is approximately 1 cup so I was able to sort of get the right measurements. Liam had so much fun pouring all the ingredients into the bowl with me and we had a mEsSy fun time. 


We have no room on our counters to make cookies so we decided the table would be the best place. Please don't mind how messy it is!! You can see my laptop propped up on one of the chairs with the recipe on there

 Eating the dough.... MY favorite part of making cookies.

 The dough seemed way too runny so I decided to add a bunch more flour. Once it was about right we stuck them in the oven and waited to see if they would actually turn out. And.....

They did!! Hurray! They were actually really yummy and I probably ate way too many cookies over he course of the next week or so.

 Liam diving into the cookies.




DELISH!! :)

So a couple weeks later a new girl moved to the island so we thought we would try making her these yummy cookies again. I had bought a measuring cup (for some reason I cannot find measuring cups here. They only had one big one that is probably about 4 cups which made measuring things a little trickier) and some measuring spoons from the store here so I thought I would try it with our new purchases. The cookies still tasted okay but everything about them were way different and in my opinion not as tasty. I was kinda sad but next time we might resort to using Liam's sippy cup again!

1 comment:

  1. Way to make the best of your situation! Looks like fun :)

    ReplyDelete